PrimePort Permit to Work

1.  Do I require a permit?

  • Hot Work (on land) / Vessel Hot Work click here
  • Under or over water work
  • Structural penetration
  • Electrical isolation
  • Water shutdown
  • Ground penetration / excavation (e.g. direct drilling, piling, trenching etc)
  • Mobile crane / truck mounted crane work
  • Travel or operation of any tracked machinery on any wharf, asphalt or other paved area
  • Overweight / over dimension road permit for the vehicle
  • Traffic management
  • Any risk of a fall from height
  • Any work in ceiling, wall, floor spaces or other confined spaces
  • Council or statutory authority permit or approval
  • Any construction, repair, demolition and/or any earthworks

2.  Download and fill out appropriate permit

3.  Email complete form 48 hours prior to work commencing to

4.  Receive approved permit from PrimePort

5.  Print a copy to have on hand at all times

This does not relieve the requirements to notify WorkSafe New Zealand of Particular Hazardous Work as required under Regulation 26 of the Health and Safety in Employment Regulations (1995).

You must provide WorkSafe New Zealand with 24 hours notice of work that is particularly hazardous.